Thursday, September 24, 2009

Last week I treated myself to some much needed new music. Well, not 'new' by album release, but new additions to my ever growing CD collection. The above is Healamonster & Tarsier, which I took a chance on buying since it was listed at the top of Amoeba's list of electronica music, and the last time I bought the CD on the top of the list, I ended up loving it and so did the rest of the world soon after. (It was Santogold, by the way) This time I like the CD, but I think it has an acquired sound that I am still adjusting to. It wasn't at all what I expected to be categorized as 'electronica.' There were a lot of acoustic flavors to its overall sound, but I know its something I'll end up loving. In addition, I bought Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Air, and Brother Ali (for the bf, not me). I love music.

No comments:

Post a Comment